Thursday 28 May 2015

Main Event: Nikki Bella vs Summer Rae

Main Event: Nikki Bella vs Summer Rae



I always look forward to the divas matches on main event, as they are usually lengthily and show both competitors at their best. This match was the shortest main event match for the divas I've seen in a while, which is a shame because I was really looking forward to seeing Summer in a longer match, however I personally believe that both women performed very well. Of course, going into this match there was no doubt that Summer was going to loose, but going up against the champion is a start for her. The match seemed pretty equally controlled to me, and the majority revolved around the turnbuckle area. This match definitely showed Nikki's talent more than Summer's, however Summer definitely held her own during it. Summer, as usual portrayed her heel persona very well, screaming at Brie (who was at ring side), whilst slamming Nikki's face into the mat. Her beautiful spinning heel kick was the highlight of the match for me, as it once again, looked impactful and perfected. I think that Summer and Nikki have great chemistry, and if they ever had the chance to have a 10 minute match I think it could be amazing. In my opinion, this match put Paige vs Tamina on Raw to shame.


Overall, I think this match was so far the match of the week, and it really showed the potential that these two women have. I think if the match was longer it could get a higher score, however due to the length, I will give it 6/10.

Thank you for reading.

-- @DivaFreakk

No comments:

Post a Comment