Monday 7 September 2015

Main Event: Becky Lynch and Paige vs Sasha Banks and Naomi

Main Event: Becky Lynch and Paige vs Sasha Banks and Naomi


This week on Main Event we got a four divas tag team match, which got a good amount of time. I actually really enjoyed this match. I loved how long they kept Becky isolated and I also loved the teamwork between Naomi and Sasha. The result of this match further enforced my belief that Paige will turn heel and cost Charlotte the title. To me, it looks as if Charlotte's title match will happen before the PPV, so we may possibly get Nikki vs Charlotte vs Paige at Night Of Champions, which I would be okay with. At this point though, I honestly think that Charlotte is not ready, character wise, for the title. She doesn't need it right now like others do. I would really like Naomi to be the next in line after Nikki, but I don't see it for her. Lately I've been so impressed with her in ring work and character, and I think she is definitely in her prime, and she certainly doesn't deserve to be out shined by the NXT girls.
I thought we got a very good match this week, and the fact that it seemingly added to the possible story was a bonus. All four women worked well, but Paige is still under performing. I feel like she is slacking because of how much the company was behind her in her first year, and she feels like she doesn't need to try hard anymore. Paige definitely needs to up her game because the NXT girls are out wrestling her and getting bigger crowd reactions. I think a heel turn would definitely add my life to her in ring work, but I feel like a month without Paige on TV would be beneficial to everyone. It would give more girls opportunities, help Paige work out a new character and give the viewers a well deserved break from her.


I was definitely impressed with the match this week. I will give it a score of 8/10.

Thank you for reading.

--@DivaFreakk

No comments:

Post a Comment