Friday 4 September 2015

NXT: Blue Pants vs Alexa Bliss, Eva Marie vs Billie Kay

NXT: Blue Pants vs Alexa Bliss, Eva Marie vs Billie Kay


This week on NXT we got two divas matches and neither were anything special. The first match we got was Alexa Bliss vs Blue Pants. This match was nothing memorable. It was a short, bland match and I really didn't enjoy it. Alexa is doing such a great job as a heel but I'm just not really feeling this whole Blue Pants feud. Blue Pants is obviously not signed with WWE and isn't a permanent fixture within the divas division, so it's nice to see her getting some sort of spotlight, however I think this spot could possibly be better for a signed, up and coming diva, like Gionna, Billie Kay or Peyton Royce. 
The match itself consisted of basic maneuvers and lasted for only about 4 minutes. Alexa, overall is impressing me as a heel, particularly with her mannerisms, however, being still so new to this role, she has a lot of work to do with her moveset as a heel. I definitely see something special in Alexa and I feel like within the next year she will get the Sasha Banks treatment and improve immensely, thus becoming the new top dog of NXT once Bayley moves up. Alexa has the tools to succeed and she is well on her way.


To no surprise to anybody, Alexa came out on top in this match and defeated Blue Pants. As I've already said, I was not very impressed with the match, but I accept the fact that Alea needs time to become a great heel, in and out of the ring. I will have to give this match a score of 4/10. 


Okay, so the second match we got was Eva Marie vs Billie Kay and honestly, Eva is getting better. I was very harsh with her last time, because in my eyes, she's been under performing as of late, but in this match she looked more comfortable than she ever has before. To say this match was good would be a definite overstatement, but it's an iprovement, and that's what NXT is for. The fact that the commentary was even entertaining the idea that Eva Marie is a threat to Bayley was hilarious, but as long as she doesn't get a title push then I'm fine with her gaining momentum.


So, the match wasn't technically good, but an improvement is better than nothing, so kudos to you Eva. I will give this match a score of 5/10.

Thank you for reading.

--@DivaFreakk 

No comments:

Post a Comment