Saturday 12 September 2015

NXT: Carmella vs Peyton Royce, Dana Brooke vs Billie Kay

NXT: Carmella vs Peyton Royce, Dana Brooke vs Billie Kay


This week on NXT we got Carmella facing a 'debuting' Peyton Royce. We all know that Peyton is Cassie, so telling us that it was a debut was kinda insulting to our intelligence, but I guess as WWE fans, we're used to it. I think the match was pretty good. Carmella is still pretty green, but she is making gradual improvements, and Peyton is pretty strong in the ring. It would've been nice to see Peyton finally get a win, now that they are acknowledging that she has a name, so hopefully that will happen at the next tapings. I thought the match overall was pretty average. The pace was very slow, and at times got boring. I think keeping a good match flow is something they will both learn over time.


I really like Carmella's new way of gettig into her submission hold, however I still think the submission looks very weak, and I think she needs to find something else. I will give this match a score of 5/10.


We also has Billie Kay vs Dana Brooke, which was another pretty good match. Dana has improved immensely over the last few months, including on her character and her mic skills. Her backstage segment with Devin was a bit rusty, but still great for how new she is. Dana is becoming one of my favourite NXT divas, and I think 2016 will be a big year for her. Dana has quickly become one of the front runners of the division, and I would say she's definitely stepped up since the top three left.


I thought the match was quite good. Dana looks very comfortable in the ring now and Billie is, like Peyton, pretty strong in terms of in ring work. It's nice to see Billie actually being acknowledged and having an entrance and I am looking forward to see where she goes from here. I will also give this match a score of 5/10.

Thank you for reading.

--@DivaFreakk

No comments:

Post a Comment