Friday 24 July 2015

NXT: Cassie vs Eva Marie

NXT: Cassie vs Eva Marie


On NXT this week we all got to see the highly anticipated in ring return of Eva Marie. The way she was hyped over the weeks made me expect more from her than we got. The video's she was posting on social media particularly caught my attention and really impressed me, but nothing in this match made me see any real potential. People will praise this girl because of how far she's supposedly come, but will trash a diva like Cameron, who is evidently far better than Eva in the ring. I'm not saying Eva was terrible, she's clearly come a long way, but the match was still bad. I'm not going to sugar coat my opinion because of how new Eva is. The match was pretty bad. I can't say I was impressed with Cassie either. I don't know much about her, but wasn't she on the indies? She seemed to be repeating the same move throughout the match, and it got so boring. Both also looked very unpolished and uncomfortable, in my opinion. It seems like I'm trashing Eva, but I honestly did see a large improvement, I just wish it wasn't so hyped. All of the build up, and instagram video's made me expect a lot more. I think I would have been more impressed if this just came out of the blue.


I must say, the finisher did surprise me, and I was impressed. I am definitely expecting Eva to improve, but I really don't see them keeping her in NXT for long. I'm just hoping they don't put her in the divas title picture whilst still being at the level she's at now, because she doesn't even compare to the top main roster divas at the moment. I hope they give her a decent amount of time to to get more comfortable in the ring and in front of a crowd. I will this match a score of 3/10.

We also got a match between Emma and Bayley which I thought was really good. I was actually really impressed with Emma and especially Dana this week. I found Dana hilarious as a manager and I also thought Emma's heel work had made a vast improvement.


After the match Bayley stated that she wanted a match with Charlotte and that she's coming for the NXT womens championship. I will give this match a score of 7/10.

Thank you for reading.

--@DivaFreakk

No comments:

Post a Comment