Wednesday 1 July 2015

Raw: Alicia Fox vs Paige, Summer Rae and Lana

Raw: Alicia Fox vs Paige, Summer Rae and Lana


On Raw we got the pleasure of seeing Paige and Alicia face off. As I've said in the past, you can't get a much better match combination on the roster, and to see this match take place on Raw was a surprise to me.
Before I go into detail on the match, I have to address my issues with the Bella's yet again. It's not about how they work, and it has nothing to do with how they portray their characters, it's just the lack of consistency. It's holding them back. I'm guessing Brie will be playing a babyface on Smackdown this week against Naomi, which is unrealistic and annoying. I don't mind which character they choose, but pleaseeeee can they just stick to it. Personally, I prefer them as faces, because as heels they still can't seem to help interacting with the crowd and trying to get pops. I don't know if this whole situation is down to creative or them, but it really needs to be sorted out.
Okay, so we've seen amazing matches between Alicia Fox and Paige over the past year and this wasn't one of their best, but no one is expecting an amazing divas match on Raw. The match actually got decent time, and I think both divas did really well. Alicia was in control for the majority of the match, but I feel like she didn't really show anything great. She was using mostly rest holds and boring heel manoeuvres which is not something I say often about Alicia. I just think it would have been nice to see the match speed up a a bit. This whole storyline is unsurprisingly lackluster , but who was expecting anything better? As long as Nikki has the title things will remain dry and boring. 


Also on Raw, we all witnessed what I would call one of the best diva moments this year. Lana and Summer Rae: the highlight of the night. We all know how great Lana is on the mic, and those of us who watched Summer Rae on NXT, know that she has plenty of potential as both a valet and a wrestler. This segment was so entertaining and the cat fight was just perfect. Lana showed aggression and it was great to see her get physical with another woman for the first time. I'm really hoping this leads to a mixed tag team match at Summerslam, and I really see it happning. I'm particurlarly glad that Summer Rae is finally getting her well deserved push.


Overall, I really enjoyed the two diva parts of Raw. Particularly Summer Rae and Lana. The match between Alicia and Paige was pretty good for a Raw match, but was disappointing to their standard of matches. I will give it a score of 8/10.

Thank you for reading.

--@DivaFreakk

No comments:

Post a Comment