Friday 17 July 2015

NXT: Charlotte vs Sasha Banks (c), Eva Marie

NXT: Charlotte vs Sasha Banks (c), Eva Marie


To me, it felt like NXT revived itself this week in terms of the women. Over the past few weeks the matches produced have been some what, lackluster and we've been seeing a lot of squash matches. This week we got an amazing match from the two top dogs at NXT, and honestly I feel like these women could never put on a bad match. The match had speed, power and psychology. It was all anyone could ask for. I, along with every other diva fan can only hope that these two women (and Becky Lynch) can take the divas division in the right direction on the Main Roster. However I really don't like it when people refer to them as the 'saviours' of the divas division. They will not make the main roster divas perform better, in fact I believe that the majority of the main roster divas can wrestle at a standard that we would all be surprised at, if given the chance. What the NXT divas can do, is show Vince and the creative team that they can out perform the men and put on main event worthy matches, such as the match we got this week. There is no way that anyone backstage can deny what these three women can do because they have shown the world that they can do it, unlike the main roster divas. That's the difference. We have no idea whether divas such as Nikki, Alicia and Summer can put on 20 minute matches, so WWE can make us believe that they can't, and they can get away with not letting them show the best of the ability. Everyone has seen and can see what the NXT divas can do in the ring, which gives them the leverage they need to start getting time and storylines. I believe that these debuts will 100% improve the division.

No one was expecting Sasha and Charlotte to do anything less than perfection, and of course they brought their A game once again. I feel like NXT will definitely feel empty without Sasha, Charlotte and Becky, but I think Bayley is definitely capable of carrying the division, relying on the fact that Carmella, Alexa and Dana improve in the ring, but Emma is also there to support all of them. I will give this match a score of 9.5/10.




We also got Eva Marie on the mic and I was extremely impressed. She's like a new women. The way she taunted the crowd and handled the abuse they were giving her was an amazing improvement. She told the crowd that she will be making her in ring debut next week, and I must say, I am looking forward to it. This is the first time I've seen genuine potential in Eva, and it's exciting, but I do hope she stays in NXT for at least a year, and isn't rushed to the main roster still being mediocre.



Thank you for reading.

--@DivaFreakk

No comments:

Post a Comment