Monday 29 June 2015

Diva Freakk Weekly Roundup

Diva Freakk Weekly Roundup


This week was pretty poor for the divas. With only 3 matches, and what seemed like a filler storyline, it left a lot to be desired. The week started off with a bland tag team match on Raw, with the highlight being Tamina tripping over the referee, which I would probably call my highlight of the week, because it was so hilarious. Naomi ate the pin, which was a slap in the face, but meh. On NXT we got Dana, with Emma, vs Cassie? Is that her name now? I personally prefer KC, but that's irrelevant. This match was okay. Nothing special, but I wasn't expecting anything amazing. On Smackdown we got Naomi vs Alicia Fox, which I would say was my match of the week, but honestly, it too, was not great. The girls only got 2 minutes, so there's not much they could possibly do, but the outside interferences were more interesting than the match itself.

5. Dana Brooke


Dana didn't show a great deal of improvement this week, but I didn't really care. I didn't care about this match, and honestly, they haven't given me a reason to care about Dana. They hyped her up so much, but she's not doing anything and isn't showing her apparent "incredible athleticism and strength" that the commentators keep shoving down our throats. They're building her up to be the next NXT womens champion I believe, but she's so far from ready for that. However, she clearly has great potential and I'm more than happy to wait and see how she improves.

4. Nikki Bella


To say I'm fed up of the Bella Twins would be an understatement right now. I don't see what's so amazing about them. They are all round bland. No character, average/awful (Brie) mic skills and probably around the middle of the pack in terms of ring skills. One of my biggest issues is the fact that they instantly turn babyface when Paige isn't around. I don't know if they're told to do that, but I'm sure they could make it a bit less obvious. Alicia was a perfect example. She was clearly supposed to play the face in her match with Naomi, but she still came across as a heel in the ring, which must have been difficult for her, with the Bella's valeting for her, smiling and waving at the crowd. So props to Alicia for yet again out shining the Bella's. I felt like I had to put Nikki on the list, as she picked up a win on Raw, bt she's gonna need to step up her game.

3. Tamina


Other than tripping over the ref, Tamina didn't do much this week, but at least she can manage to be consistant with her character, unlike certain divas. Her involvement in the Smackdown match was pretty cool too. There's not really much else to say.

2. Naomi


Congratulations Naomi, for once again proving why you should have won the title off Nikki months ago. WWE should be kicking themselves, but unfortunately they don't care enough to do that. Naomi's character is forming into full fruition. Everything she's doing is on point right now. The fact that such a talent has never held the belt is a crime. She may have been pinned twice this week, but to consistently out shine the divas champion should surely make her worthy of being my number 2,

1. Alicia Fox


This week Alicia is my number 1 for a few reasons. The first is that she finally proved that it is possible to still act heel when wrestling a match against another heel, which the Bella's have been struggling to do for months. Alicia is another diva who is constantly out performing the Bella's, yet she is still ignored and treated like a lap dog to Nikki and Brie, who should be kissing her boot. Alicia is superior to the Bella's in every way. Ring skills, mic work, charisma, character. What more does she need to do? If this storyline ends like every other storyline which involved Alicia (Alicia/Paige alliance) I will be upset. This needs to lead to a six pack challenge. Everyone wants it. 


This week was pretty crap for the divas. Next week I am hoping for some actual storyline development and maybe a match announced for Battleground.

Thank you for reading.

--@DivaFreakk

No comments:

Post a Comment