Monday 15 June 2015

Diva Freakk Weekly Roundup

Diva Freakk Weekly Roundup


It's been an up and down week for the divas. The week started badly with Nikki Bella vs Summer Rae on Raw. It was a very short match, with little purpose. Nikki completely squashed Summer, making her look extremely weak. I gave it a score of 4/10. We then had NXT, which was a step in the right direction. Emma took on Blue Pants in an average match, which I gave 6/10, and Becky Lynch faced Jessie McKay, which I gave 7/10. On Main Event the team of Emma and Layla faced Naomi and Tamina, which again was an average tag team match. I gave it 6/10. On Superstars Layla faced Paige, in what I thought was a great match, I scored it 7/10. On Smackdown we got Paige vs Alicia Fox which is guaranteed to be entertaining. This was another great match and I gave it 8/10. Finally we had Nikki Bella vs Paige at Money In The Bank, which I thought was the best divas PPV match of the year so far. I gave it a score of 9/10.

From Now on, instead of doing diva of the week, I'm going to do top 5 divas of the week.

5. Emma



I put Emma at number 5 because she consistently wrestles at a good standard and this week she showed that she could wrestle well as a face or a heel. Emma had two matches this week. Neither were anything special, but she's slowly proving herself to everyone, and I am looking forward to her future.

4. Alicia Fox



I put Alicia Fox at number 4 because she had one of the best matches of the week, and she is showing how great she is on a weekly basis, yet continues to be ignored. Her matches with Paige are some of the best divas matches we've seen on WWE TV this year, and if given the chance, I know she would deliver at a PPV.

3. Layla


This week Layla is my number 3. Layla is the oldest diva on the roster, yet still wrestles so well. It's truly amazing how well she can still perform. It makes me so happy to see her on TV and her match with Paige on Superstars was surprisingly good, considering the two have hardly worked together. I'm not expecting Layla to have a long future with WWE, but I would love her to be featured on TV more often.

2. Paige


Paige had 3 matches this week, so it was difficult not to put her high on this list. All three of her matches this week were great. Her match with Alicia being fantastic didn't surprise anyone. Her match with Layla was surprisingly good, and her match with Nikki was brilliant, which I wasn't expecting. Paige may have lost her title match, but it's obvious to me that she'll be winning it sooner or later.

1. Nikki Bella


Nikki started the week badly, with her match with Summer Rae on Raw. however her successful title defence made her my diva of the week. Her match with Paige was her best title defence so far, and the fact that she won made her the top of this list. She may have only had one good match this week, but she's still the champion and she proved herself on Sunday night.


This week wasn't the best, but it definitely had great moments. Next week I am hoping we get a new number one contender, and hopefully it will be someone interesting and fresh.

Thank you for reading.

--@DivaFreakk 

No comments:

Post a Comment