Friday 19 June 2015

Main Event: Naomi vs Summer Rae

Main Event: Naomi vs Summer Rae


I was actually very impressed by this match. It may not have had a great amount of time but both women performed to their best, particularly Summer Rae. In my opinion, this was one of Summers best matches since her main roster debut. She got to show lots manoeuvres and got a lot of momentum in the match. It was weird to see her play a babyface, but I personally see more potential for Summer as a babyface, which seems to be an unpopular opinion, but it's likely she'll be back as a heel by next week. I do have a lot to say about Naomi. I have constantly been sticking up for her, saying that she should have won the title by now, but admittedly, I was wrong. I love Naomi so much, but she really needs to step up her game if she wants the divas championship. Her in ring work isn't the problem. Firstly, her image. She has so many nice attires, yet she constantly wears these horrible gears. She could wear her gear from Wrestlemania, or her all-in-one black attire. Secondly, her hair is not great. She has had great hair in the past, but she doesn't seem to have any personal style and changes it up all the time, which is not a positive thing in my eyes. She needs to stick to one image to be remembered and branded. Both Nikki and Paige have got their brand and image down to a point. Another thing Naomi needs to do, is decide on 1 or 2 finishers, and ditch the rear view if she wants to be taken seriously. Both Paige and Nikki have memorable finishers, with memorable names, whilst Naomi seems to have a new one every week. Naomi needs time to get everything on point. She's still too messy (not in terms of in ring work) to be the face of the divas division.


I really enjoyed this match, the only thing letting it down was the time it got. Both women performed very well in my opinion. I will give this match a score of 7/10.

Thank you for reading.

--@DivaFreakk

No comments:

Post a Comment