Sunday 28 June 2015

Smackdown: Naomi vs Alicia Fox

Smackdown: Naomi vs Alicia Fox


On Smackdown, Alicia Fox and Naomi faced off in what I would call an interesting match. What happened in the ring was nothing spectacular, but the action outside of the ring made this match stand out for me. I'm not really too bothered about Alicia pairing with the Bella's, but I think she is so much better than that. She should have her own merchandise, and not be degraded enough to have to wear the Bella's merchandise on national TV; but at least she's actually getting some TV time. One thing I loved about this match, is that Alicia was clearly playing the babyface role, but still managed to stay in character as a heel. That may sound weird but I'll explain. In a match there always has to be a heel and a face to make it work, even if both competitors are actually heel. In this case, both women were heels, but Alicia played the babyface role in the match, but still managed to come across as a heel and still wrestled like a heel. This is something the Bella's can not do. Anytime the Bella's face Naomi or any heel they completely loose their character and act completely babyface. Even at ring side in this match they looked and acted like faces. It's as if two evil characters in a movie can't hate eachother. Just because both divas are heel doesn't mean they have to be friends. It doesn't always have to be heel vs face. It's annoying to see a diva like Alicia Fox, who is so unappreciated, perform so much better than the 'top divas' on a regular basis. 
The match itself was nothing special. I liked that Naomi did her amazing hurricanrana again and I liked that both women got in some spots. I thought Tamina did really well on the outside too, which is more than I can say for the Bella Twins. I just wish they could stop smiling at the crowd and high fiving them when they're supposed to be heels. It's annoying to watch.


This match really should have gotten more time. They didn't get to show what they can do and we all know that these two divas can have great matches together. I also am really glad that Alicia is using the 'Foxy Buster' as a finisher more often, as I think it looks more effective than the scissor kick. I really hope that this alliance between the Bella's and Alicia actually does something for Alicia, and I am still praying that we will get Nikki vs Brie vs Alicia vs Paige vs Naomi vs Tamina at Summerslam. It could be a great match if it's given the time necessary. Overall, I think the overall showing was good, due to the action outside of the ring, but the in ring work wasn't great, as there really wasn't much shown from either woman. I will give this match a score of 6/10 due to the lack of time.

Thank you for reading.

--@DivaFreakk

No comments:

Post a Comment