Friday 5 June 2015

Smackdown: Paige Interview

Smackdown: Paige Interview


I thought this interview was pretty good overall, I just didn't understand the point. Firstly, I think it would have been better to have had this interview either, before or after a match with someone like Cameron or Summer Rae or with the edition of Nikki Bella or Naomi attacking her at the end. This interview didn't really add anything, and the fact that it was Paige AGAIN kinda annoyed me. This should have gone to Nikki. Nikki needs to be defined. We know Paige thinks she's different and revolves her life around being good in the ring, and avoids the celebrity life the Bella's lead (yet ironically has taken time off to film 'Total Divas', a WWE film and in the future will presumably be absent due to 'Tough Enough' filming, but that's another story). We need to know who Nikki is. We don't know if she's heel or face and she needs some sort of platform to establish herself as one or the other. Paige recently had an interview with Michael Cole, which should have been Naomi, and has now taken a spot that should have been Nikki's yet she brings up 'Give Divas A Chance'. I don't mean to sound like a hater, because I genuinely love Paige, but I don't see why her character is constantly shoved down our throats when it's not needed.


I liked the fact that Paige brought up Emma and Summer Rae. It really showed the bond the three have, but it also highlights how many more chances Paige has had than them, and to categorise herself as 'not getting a chance' seems a tad ridiculous. Also, the way she said she's 'sick' of twin magic was a bit odd, as they have only used it once since she's been on the roster. I liked the idea of this interview but overall it didn't do anything for the storyline, and made Paige look a bit stupid. She was constantly contradicting herself, and acting as if she's been unfairly treated which was a bit embarrassing. One positive thing I can say, is that Paige is definitely underrated on the mic. I think she's one of the best active divas on the roster and I'm tired of people saying differently due to her accent.

Thank you for reading.

--@DivaFreakk

No comments:

Post a Comment