Friday 12 June 2015

Main Event: Layla and Emma vs Naomi and Tamina

Main Event: Layla and Emma vs Naomi and Tamina


I have been looking forward to this match all week, and I am disappointed to say that it was average. I was immediately excited to see Layla, as she is one of my favourites and I love seeing her on TV, and even though this opinion may be biased, I thought she was the star of this match. For a 36 year old to be keeping up with Emma and Naomi, who are in their 20s, is amazing, let alone out performing them. I have nothing but respect for Layla. I was disappointed with Naomi in this match, as I thought she was pretty sloppy, but Tamina and Emma performed to their usual standards. I think they were trying to make this match great. but it just didn't plan out too well. They tried to add interesting moves and tried to tell a story but it became quite sloppy. I feel like, if Naomi wants to get back into the title picture, she needs to find a way to insert her athleticism into her new heel move set, as that's what really set her apart from the rest of the division, and got her where she is today. She needs to create a complete new move set to fit her character, as the current in ring skills she is showing are quite mediocre, which we all know she is not. She needs time to develop into the amazing heel that we all know she can be. I found the commentators saying that Tamina and Naomi 'run the division' a bit weird, as they're clearly completely out of the title picture for the time being, but I think they definitely have something planned for those two. Originally I was thinking that they would interfere in the match on Sunday, but the fact they were featured in a Main Event match killed that idea. 


I think the best exchange in this match was between Tamina and Layla, which surprised me. This match was decent, and had a reasonable length so I'll give it a score of 6/10.

Thank you for reading.

--@DivaFreakk

No comments:

Post a Comment